There are so many way to use CBD, from ingesting tinctures and applying CBD salves to using pure CBD isolate in your food. Many report chronic pain relief when using CBD, so this could be a perfect pairing with rigid joints on this cold holiday! Want to read more about Pain & CBD? Read more here!
This holiday season, we want to offer you some delicious and creative ways to incorporate CBD into your Christmas dinner! The following recipes include between 5mg-10mg of CBD per serving. Each person’s tolerance may vary, so if you know that you prefer a higher amount of CBD in your food, please use at your own discretion. If you want to learn more about Pure CBD Isolate and Full Spectrum Distillate, click here!
Here are a few suggestions to get you started on your CBD culinary adventure:
Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Dip
Makes 10 servings ~ approx 10mg CBD per serving
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 100mg of Pure CBD Isolate
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces mild Cheddar, shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Toss broccoli in olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet and roast for 15-20minutes. It will begin to brown, but will not be mushy. Place on cutting board and chop coarsely.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium & add onions, cook for 6minutes until soft, then add garlic and cook until soft.
- Slowly begin to stair in flour and cook around 4 minutes, until flower has lightly browned.
- Stir in half & half and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until heavy cream consistency is reached. Stir occasionally.
- Once desired consistency, turn off heat & cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add CBD Isolate, broccoli, and mustard and stir.
- Pour into serving bowl and chop veggies or add chips around bowl.
You can add our tasteless pure CBD isolate to just about anything, but one thing to note about cooking with CBD isolate: it’s best to not heat the CBD over 400*F, as it could lose potency and effectiveness. So, think about foods that require low-heat or that CBD can be added to after baking. CBD is fat-soluble, so it’s best to add it in to fats, butters, and oils instead of water. You can add it into a balsamic vinaigrette, or in your Christmas stuffing or dressing. Dissolve CBD (cannabidiol) isolate in to your olive oil or similar oils and add to whatever main dishes you like! While there have been no known overdoses from CBD, many would recommend keeping the ratio to between 5mg-10mg per food serving.
Don't forget about your beverages! You can add a little CBD isolate powder right into whatever drink you choose. While it will dissolve best in things like eggnog and coffee with creamer, the sky is the limit with CBD!
Four Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge
Makes 15 servings (squares) ~ Approx 7mg CBD per square
- 1 cup packed dates - Approx 20 dates (pitted // measured after pitted)
- 1 cup creamy salted peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) - self-ground is your best bet!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/4-1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 100mg of Pure CBD Isolate
- Roasted salted nuts (chopped // optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- After dates are pitted, place in food processor and blend until paste or a ball forms.
- Add peanut (or alternative nut) butter and blend.
- Add cacao powder & CBD Isolate and blend.
- Add 1/4 cup of melted Coconut oil & blend. Small amounts of melted coconut oil can be added while blending to achieve a fudgey paste consistency (no more than 1/2 cup total coconut oil used).
- Line a loaf bread pan with parchment paper or wax paper and pour processed mixture into form. Smooth with the back of the spoon & top with option nuts and cacao.
- Place in freezer until firm (approx 20mins-1hr). Remove, slice, and serve.
- Store extra for 1 week covered in refrigerator or 1 month in freezer. It may be too soft if left unrefrigerated.
Fully Activated offers a wide variety of products like Full Spectrum CBD Salves, Pure CBD Isolate, and Pure CBD Oil for sale. Fully Activated guarantees the quality of our isolate and distillate and can help you find a product that may work best for you.